Almost every woman has heard about using essential oils for hair growth. There is little evidence that such oils can stimulate new hair growth. However, you should take into consideration that the main function of any oil is to promote a healthier environment for optimal hair growth. Some of the essential oils condition the hair, while others soothe the scalp. But the result is the same – all of them make the hair looking thicker and healthier.
At Gil Ferrer Hair, we decided to create a list of top essential oils for hair growth and here they are.
Top essential oils for hair growth
#1 Horsetail Plant Oil
You should know a few facts about horsetail plant oil:
- It promotes stronger hair and nails.
- It is a good remedy for split ends.
- It can be used as a remedy for dandruff.
- It helps to improve blood circulation to your scalp, promoting the ideal environment for hair growth.
#2 Castor Oil
A few facts about castor oil:
- It is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial oil.
- It helps clean pores.
- It improves circulation to create a better environment for hair growth.
- It easily absorbs into the skin to clear the scalp of bacteria and irritants.
- It contains ricinoleic acid, omega-6, omega-9 fatty acids that moisturize hair and scalp to reduce dandruff.
#3 Lavender Oil
Things you should know about lavender oil:
- It is a good antibacterial essential oil.
- It can soothe irritation, dryness, itchiness and dandruff.
- It can reduce stress and irritation if used daily. As you know stress promotes hair loss.
- It helps invigorate the scalp
#4 Peppermint Oil
Few things about peppermint oil:
- While it is good for digestion and muscles, it also has anti-bacterial properties.
- It can boost blood circulation.
- It is better to use it with gentle shampoo or moisturizing conditioner.
How to use essential oil? General recommendations are:
- Add a few drops of the chosen oil to 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Gently massage into hair and scalp for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse the oil out with lukewarm water and shampoo your hair.
None of these oils will work if you don’t take care of yourself from within. So, remember, that a healthy diet is the number one remedy for thick and strong hair.